Welcome to Year 1/2!
The Class Teacher is Mrs Moon
The Learning Support Assistants are Mrs Ball and Mrs Parkola
Things to remember:
READING – this is your number one priority! Please try and read every night at home and record it in your reading record. Your book must be signed at least 3 x a week by an adult at home and this will be checked in school every week.
Short, regular reading sessions really make a difference to the progress your child makes.
Books should be brought into school on Friday only. New books will be given out on a Monday.
P.E. Day- Tuesday . Please come into school wearing your P.E kits.
Home Learning for children who may have to self-isolate
Please complete some of the activities suggested below. Work will also be set on ClassDojo each day during the week.
- Use the KIRFs sheet to practise the key recall facts for your year group. Maybe an adult or sibling at home could help test you on the key facts.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button play games on this website to help with instant recall of facts. Suitable for all ages.
- Use BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv for KS1 lessons and games.
- Use Purple Mash for games, quizzes and activities. Go to Key Stage 1 - English
- Spellings – Practise key words for your year group or words from the weekly list.
- Handwriting – practise cursive handwriting using the booklet below (it doesn’t need printing off; you can practise the spelling patterns on paper) Take care to join the letters in the correct way - diagonal joins or washing line joins
- Go to https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ and log in using these details:
Here you can access a free e-book library for different age groups and different book bands.
Our topic this term is Explorers
Choose from the tasks below. Any completed work can be shared on Google Classroom:
- Continue your research on Explorers, creating a fact file or poster about them
- Learn the facts on the Knowledge Organiser. Can you teach someone you know some of the facts you have learned?
Our topic this term is Animals and their Habitats
- Use the Knowledge Organiser to learn some key facts.
- Go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zx882hv to learn more about this topic
- Go to Purple Mash - Science - Animal Homes or Habitats to learn more about the subject.
Our Art topic this term is Animal Art. We will be creating pictures of different animals from around the world using different patterns, textures and themes.
- Go to Purple Mash - Art - Animals to create your own pictures using different patterns, textures and themes.
You could try creating some of your own work in the style of the artist.